I agree that this is needed.  In fact I know Bruce wants to do something
in this area.  In fact he sent out a few months ago a sample of the code
after it had been cleaned up by some tool.  At the time no one seemed to
be very interested.  Going forward for 7.2 I think now is the time that
something should be done.  We need the equivalent of pgindent for java.

I am OK with the style used for the C code.  However I would like the
following additional step done for the java code:  replace all tabs with
spaces.

I often end up viewing files in editors/viewers other than the one I
normally code with.  Having to worry about getting the tab settings
correct so that the code is readable is a pain (and sometimes not
possible depending on the editor).  I have personally adopted in my java
IDE of choice (JBuilder) to have the IDE automatically replace tabs with
spaces for this reason.

thanks,
--Barry