[JDBC driver ignores catalog and schema]

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:58:36 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>I think it'd be a mistake to expend much effort on this issue in JDBC
>right now.  We will eventually implement SQL92-compliant schemas in the
>backend, and once that happens it'll be possible to do something
>reasonable with the catalog metadata routines in JDBC.  If you try
>to make a half-usable implementation now, you'll just create backwards-
>compatibility issues for the real implementation later.  So my counsel
>is: acknowledge that it's broken, but ignore it for now.

I agree. I've added this to
http://lab.applinet.nl/postgresql-jdbc/:

"PostgreSQL currently does not support SQL92 compliant catalogs
and schemas. With a number of methods (getColumns, getTables,
getProcedures and such) the JDBC driver ignores the catalog and
schema or schemaPattern parameters. getColumns() returns an
empty string (should be null) in the fields TABLE_CAT and
TABLE_SCHEM. getTables() returns null in TABLE_CAT and
TABLE_SCHEM. getProcedures() returns null in PROCEDURE_CAT and
PROCEDURE_SCHEM."

Regards,
René Pijlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>