Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Vivek Khera) would write:

> JB> Chris,

>>> Note that this still requires a kernel recompile on FreeBSD :(
>
> JB> Not our fault, now is it?  This would mean that we wouldn't be
> JB> able to script for FreeBSD.  Bug the FreeBSD developers.
>
> "I read it on the net so it must be true" applies here.  You /can/ set
> these values via sysctl calls.

Yes, indeed, sysctl can tweak these values fairly adequately.

Now, numbers of semaphors are not as readily tweaked; I wound up
limited, the other day, when I tried setting values for...

  kern.ipc.semmns
  kern.ipc.semmni
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;