Hi all,

I have just started with PostgreSQL on Linux and in the past I've done a
good bit of work on Interbase (both on Windows and Linux).

What I want to know here is

What do people here think of Interbase/Firebird?

Has anybody done performance metrics or could they point me to a
comparison between the two?

Does Interbase/Firebird have (as far as people here are concerned) any
show-stoppers in terms of functionality which they do have on
PostgreSQL? Or, indeed, the other way round?

I'm not interested in starting a flame war or anything like that - just
a presentation of the facts as you see them, and if you want to put in
your opinion also, that's fine, just make a note!

TIA.

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.