I have 2 columns index.
The question is if optimizer can use both columns of an index or not,
i.e. the plan should read like this:

        Index Cond:
        ((name)::text = 'name1'::text)
        AND ((date_from)::timestamp with time zone=
('now'::text)::timestamp(6) with time zone)

Whilst I am getting index scan on first column and filter on the other:

 Index Scan using testtab_name_date_from on testtab  (cost=0.00..2.01 rows=1
width=18)
   Index Cond: ((name)::text = 'name1'::text)
   Filter: ((date_from)::timestamp with time zone =
('now'::text)::timestamp(6)with time zone)

Could the problem be timestamp column or timestamp with time zones?

Thank you,
Laimis
Bellow are details of the test:

Create table testtab (name varchar(10), date_from timestamp);

create index testtab_name_date_from on testtab(name, date_from) ;

populated table with pseudo random data (10000), analyzed and tuned optimizer
to favour indexes instead of sequential scans.

Pg config:

random_page_cost = 0
cpu_index_tuple_cost = 0.0
enable_seqscan = false