Richard Huxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Index Scan using testtab_name_date_from on testtab  (cost=0.00..2.01
>> rows=1 width=18)
>> Index Cond: ((name)::text = 'name1'::text)
>> Filter: ((date_from)::timestamp with time zone =
>> ('now'::text)::timestamp(6)with time zone)

> What types are the columns here? If date_from isn't timestamp with time zone,
> that might be the issue.

It clearly isn't, since we can see a coercion to timestamp with time
zone in the query.  My guess is that the original SQL was
        WHERE ... date_from = current_timestamp
This should be
        WHERE ... date_from = localtimestamp
if timestamp without tz is the intended column datatype.  Of course,
it might just be that date_from was declared as the wrong type (it
really sucks that SQL specifies "timestamp" to default to "without
time zone" ...)