Not an option I'm afraid. PostgreSQL just jams and stops logging after the first rotation...

Are you using a copy truncate method to rotate the logs? In RedHat add the keyword COPYTRUCATE to your /etc/logrotate.d/syslog file.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

I know some people use this in production.  Dunno what went wrong in
your test, but it can be made to work.

regards, tom lane

begin:vcard
fn:Joshua D. Drake
n:Drake;Joshua D.
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215;Cascade Locks;Oregon;97014;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0034
note:Command Prompt, Inc. is the largest and oldest US based commercial PostgreSQL support provider. We  provide the only commercially viable integrated PostgreSQL replication solution, but also custom programming, and support. We authored  the book Practical PostgreSQL, the procedural language plPHP, and adding trigger capability to plPerl.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.commandprompt.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard