On 30/03/2004 20:25 Jaime Casanova wrote:
hi all,

i have an amd athlon with 256 ram (i know, this is not a *real* server but my tables are small)

i'm using vb6 (win98) with pgsql-7.3.4 (rh8) trough the psqlodbc.

when i do a select in took long to execute, here is an example

table icc_m_banco

CREATE TABLE ICC_M_BANCO (
      CodBanco             SMALLINT NOT NULL,
      Descripcion          CHARACTER VARYING(60) NOT NULL,
      RefContable          NUMERIC,
      Estado               CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
      FecRegistro          DATE NOT NULL,
      CONSTRAINT EstadoBanco CHECK ((Estado = 'A') or (Estado = 'I')),
      PRIMARY KEY(CodBanco)
);

select * from icc_m_banco where codbanco = 1;

select * from icc_m_banco where codbanco = 1::int2;

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for Business |

     joining column's datatypes do not match