Josh, I cannot reproduce the excessive semop() on a Dual XEON DP on a non-bigmem kernel, HT on. Interesting to know if the problem is related to XEON MP (as Tom wrote) or bigmem.

Josh Berkus wrote:

Dirk,

I'm not sure if this semop() problem is still an issue but the database behaves a bit out of bounds in this situation, i.e. consuming system resources with semop() calls 95% while tables are locked very often and longer.

It would be helpful to us if you could test this with the indexes disabled on the non-Bigmem system. I'd like to eliminate Bigmem as a factor, if possible.

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings