Oleg Bartunov wrote:
Mike,

no comments before Rick post tsearch configs and increased buffers !
Union shouldn't be faster than (term1|term2).
tsearch2 internals description might help you understanding tsearch2 limitations.
See http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/Tsearch_V2_internals
Also, don't miss my notes:
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/Tsearch_V2_Notes

Oleg

Thanks Oleg, i've seen those pages before :) I've set shared_buffers to 45000 now (yes thats probably very much, isn't it?) and it already seems a lot quicker.

How do I find out what my tsearch config is? I followed the intro (http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/tsearch-v2-intro) and applied it to our books table, thats all, didnt change anything else about configs.