Greg,

I posted this link under a different thread (the $7k server thread).  It is
a very good read on why SCSI is better for servers than ATA.  I didn't note
bias, though it is from a drive manufacturer.  YMMV.  There is an
interesting, though dated appendix on different manufacturers' drive
characteristics.

http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf

Enjoy,

Rick

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 04/14/2005 09:54:45 AM:

> Our vendor is trying to sell us on an Intel SRCS16 SATA raid controller
> instead of the 3ware one.
>
> Poking around it seems this does come with Linux drivers and there is a
> battery backup option. So it doesn't seem to be completely insane.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these controllers?
>
> I'm also wondering about whether I'm better off with one of these SATA
raid
> controllers or just going with SCSI drives.
>
> --
> greg

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

      joining column's datatypes do not match