Mischa Sandberg wrote:
After reading the comparisons between Opteron and Xeon processors for Linux,
I'd like to add an Opteron box to our stable of Dells and Sparcs, for
comparison.
IBM, Sun and HP have their fairly pricey Opteron systems.
The IT people are not swell about unsupported purchases off ebay.
Anyone care to suggest any other vendors/distributors?

Check out the Tyan Transport systems. Tyan are an ex Sparc clone manufacturer, and released the second available Opteron board - widely considered the first serious Opteron board to hit the market.

Sam.