John A Meinel wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

Mischa Sandberg wrote:

After reading the comparisons between Opteron and Xeon processors for
Linux,
I'd like to add an Opteron box to our stable of Dells and Sparcs, for
comparison.

IBM, Sun and HP have their fairly pricey Opteron systems.
The IT people are not swell about unsupported purchases off ebay.
Anyone care to suggest any other vendors/distributors?
Looking for names with national support, so that we can recommend as
much to our
customers.

Monarch Computer http://www.monarchcomputer.com/

They have prebuilt and custom built systems.

I believe we have had some issues with their workstation class systems. Just a high rate of part failure, and DOA systems.

I believe they RMA'd without too great of difficulties, but it was
something like 50%.

Ouch, that's not been my experiences. I'd like to hear if anyone else has had such problems with Monarch.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend