On Aug 16, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Anjan Dave wrote:

Yes, that's true, though, I am a bit confused because the Clariion array document I am reading talks about how the write cache can eliminate the
RAID5 Write Penalty for sequential and large IOs...resulting in better
sequential write performance than RAID10.

well, then run your own tests and find out :-)

if I were using LSI MegaRAID controllers, I'd probalby go RAID10, but I don't see why you need 6 disks for this... perhaps just 4 would be enough? Or are your logs really that big?

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq