I am having a confusion to the memory handling of postgreSQL.
Here is the Scenario.
I rebooted my Server which is a PostgreSQL 8.0 Running on Redhat 9, which is a Dual Xeon Server and 6 gig of memory.
Of course there is not much memory still used since it is just restarted.
But after a number of access to the tables the memory is being used and it is not being free up. Actually after this access to the database and the server is just idle
The memory is still used up. I am monitoring this using the “free” command which gives me about 5.5 gig of used memory and the rest free.
Is there something that I should do to minimize and free up the used memory?
I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
- [PERFORM] Used Memory Christian Paul B. Cosinas
- Re: [PERFORM] Used Memory Jens-Wolfhard Schicke
- Re: [PERFORM] Used Memory Jon Brisbin
- Re: [PERFORM] Used Memory Kevin Grittner
- Re: [PERFORM] Used Memory Craig A. James