I recall a reference on the list indicating that newer Xeon processors don't suffer from the context switching problem reported last year.

In searching the archives, I can't find any specific info indentifying which Xeon processors don't have this problem.

Anyone point me to a reference?

Is this in any way related to the version of Postgresql one is running? We're headed for 8, but have a bit of work before we can get there. We are currently on 7.4.16.

Thanks for any info.
--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin