Thank you Igor for the clarifications, the reason why I prefer using the
nativeboost methods is because :

a) I was not sure if smalltalk types map correctly to C types and which
Smalltalk types correspond to which C types

b) many opengl functions ask for the address of the value and the value
itself. And I have no clue how to obtain memory addresses of smalltalk
types.

c) I was not sure whether Pharo VM or garbage collector would move my data
making my pointers invalid.

But if you say its ok, I trust you. When exactly is ok to use smalltalk
types ?