you can have outdated documentation as you can have buggy code and even
outdated code. And yes I would not trust a coder to write proper
documentation as much I would trust someone who writes documentation to code
or fix a bug. Why ? because its all about motivation, thats why.

But you know what , its easy to pick , just ask your users what they want.
If they dont want me to contribute to wikibooks and instead contribute to
tests, comment classes and methods sure ok I will do it.