> On 01 Dec 2014, at 21:48, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 01/12/2014 21:04, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>
>>> On 01 Dec 2014, at 20:25, Dale Henrichs
>>> <dale.henri...@gemtalksystems.com
>>> <mailto:dale.henri...@gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Thierry Goubier
>>> <thierry.goub...@gmail.com <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Le 01/12/2014 19:21, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>>

>>>        also, in a point (not now, but eventually)… we will need to drop
>>>        something. The idea of keeping anything ad eternum just does
>>>        not scales.
>>>

>>>    But it's a good way of delaying git integration in the Pharo
>>>    platform by having to redesign the file format as well.
>>>

>>> Thierry,
>>>
>>> Not sure if you are being sarcastic here:)
>>
>> he was, don’t worry :)
>
> Maybe I was :)
>
>> and as an aswer: yes, I’m not happy with filetree format, but I wouldn’t
>> spend changing it until we have ready other parts of the tooling I think
>> is necessary (using libgit2 instead osprocess for me is a must, while
>> changing filetree format is just an enhancement)
>
> When I considered libgit2 a while ago, I was like you: a must. Then I saw
> that: libgit2 was low-level => lot's of code in Pharo do do simple, basic
> stuff. libgit2 required changes in NativeBoost => what, NativeBoost isn't
> ready? Pharo is stuck in 32bits land=>No libgit2 by default on target OS.
> NativeBoost is x86 only? No libgit2 on ARM.

I’m also concerned about that (32bits only).
But we are already working on a solution.
(and libgit2 support is already there, thanks to Max).
as I said… our problem (not yours, but ours) is that we need to keep pharo
independent of installed tools. So… libgit2. Otherwise I would be pushing
gitfiletree a lot more loud :)

Esteban