kilon.alios wrote
> I failed to see why its useful...
>>> is particularly useful for: a) applying
>>> refactors, b) search senders/implementors inside my project and not in
>>> all
>>> image.

For example, let's say your project has a class that implements a
generically-named method, like #asMorph. If you try to rename that method
via Refactoring, Pharo will try to rename all #asMorph methods, and update
all senders, in the entire system, not just yours. But if you scope the
browser first to your package or class, you can restrict the environment to
which the refactoring is applied.

kilon.alios wrote
> I have to confess I was never and probably will never be a fan of the
> system browser

I agree. It was probably well-suited to the context in which it was
invented, but I think we could do much better today. However:
- IMHO there is value in having a really-great-old-thing that empowers us to
create an entirely new thing
- as mentioned, it's good to have a simple and robust fallback behind a
revolutionary new tool

-----
Cheers,
Sean