Thanks thierry to look and discuss these points. I do not have enough calm time to get any concentration (of course I was teaching
all day long).

Stef

Le 16/9/15 09:20, Thierry Goubier a écrit :

    One more thing. I hope that when renaming the protocol, the
    relevant MethodRecategorized are sent, because many things depend
    on that one.

    Yes, those are already sent. ProtocolRenamed, if implemented,
    should be announced in addition to those.

    I need to check AltBrowser behavior on this one. Renaming a
    protocol is not what I expected. It looks harmless, but it has
    important consequences if the protocol is an extension or an
    override.

    Alright, let me know.

I think you can go forward. If the MethodRecategorized is sent, then it should be OK.

        Thanks for your reply :)

        PS: There’s something else related to System-Announcements,
        namely that when I rename a category I get no CategoryRenamed
        announcement.
        I will send an e-mail about that later.

    Hum, SystemOrganizer>>#renameCategory:toBe: sends it (in Pharo4).

    Indeed it does, but RPackageTag>>#renameTo:category: suspends the
    SystemAnnouncer while it sends SystemOrganizer>>#renameCategory:toBe:.
    I don’t know why, I’m interested to know. Because
    RPackageTag>>#renameTo:category: is used when you rename a
    category (in Nautilus, at least).

I would heed Esteban advice on that. If the system announcer is suspended, then this is probably because we may have some kind of infinite loop and / or a incoherent state while renaming the system category.

I'll have a look too.

Thierry

    Skip