so, first of all, I find the way you communicate your arguments a bit… well,
not very polite.
second, even Ben’s affaire should show you why we value this license
agreements.
third, French laws are French laws and since the development of Pharo is in a
big extent made here (through INRIA), French laws needs to be fulfilled. And
no, there are no exceptions… we wouldn’t be able to operate here without that:
French law does not recognise digital signatures, checkbox or anything that
comes from the “virtual world” (we have a lot of funny examples of things we
decide to to request from other EU countries because if we request it here, we
need to send them a contract by mail).
four, no copyright is lost. Your code keeps your name, etc. What you lose is
the right to take out your code (and to change the licensing of it
retroactively…).
five, nobody forces you to do anything. I’m really sorry you take this as a
personal prosecution (or a personal battle)… while I value all contributions
and discussions (and I certainly would like you continue contributing), I find
the tone of your reclamation a little bit out-of-the-tone of a real
argumentation… kind of trollish… so I wonder if you really want to discuss
something or not…

cheers!
Esteban