Hi,

I was thinking on the metro way to work, and I also saw that this discussion is actually split in multiple threads, so it was not easy to follow :).

Some of my feelings about this:

- Pragmas are nice because they are easy to "interpret". Parsing them is already provided. However, putting expressions or long examples into them starts to be awkward. It seems it's pushin the syntax too much, isn't it?

- Comments are nice because they are ignored! But right now comments are simple plain text. This thread is to convert *some* comments into executable examples. But this should be just some comments and not all of them, am I right? So what happens when we want to have comments written in Pillar for example? What I mean is that having examples is just an example of something we would like to do with comments.

But we can also imagine having comment interpreters. Something like this:

">>>PillarDoc
!This is a Pillar title
And I'm just a paragraph
And I can link a class like @Object.
"

">>>ExampleDoc
self assert: '/foo/gloops.taz' asFileReference basename equals: 'gloops.taz'
"

What I like from this is that:
- comments that do not specify an interpreter are just plain old text. Thus backward compatible. - comments that specify an interpreter that is not present, are just plain old text. A decoupling as it happens with the settings. - an ExampleDoc interpreter can be just a test case instance, thus we could use assertions instead of special >>> messages.

Things that would require more thought:
- there is an overlap between these interpreted comments and pragmas... There are for sure cases that solutions can be imagined with both. - there is an overlap between examples and test cases. I saw many people that argued that already. I am not against examples, but I think we should (whichever implementation is chosen) draw a line and set some guidelines. Stef, probably you have already in mind when you want a test case and when an example and what's the distance. It would be good if we can transform that implicit thought in something explicit (maybe even a lint rule in the future?)

Guille