> Why don't you just change nautilus to have two text areas, one with the
> test corresponding to the method and the other one with the method's code ?
>
> You're saying:
> *Their values is active documentation that can be automatically validated.*
> That can also be applied to test we've already had with SUnit. If the only
> difference you want is to display the test next to the method, then it's an
> IDE problem, nothing has to be changed but the IDE.
>
> In python they have no other choices than putting tests in comments
> because their IDE is a text editor, they cannot create other panes or
> anything like that.

It is of course true. But Stef suggestion is really much much simpler. It
is just convention how to write examples inside comments. Then tools could
work with them and Nicolai already provide simple extension for Nautilus.
We already has a lot of comments with examples inside. Making them
discoverable and testable will be nice.