On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM Hernán Morales Durand <
hernan.mora...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then don't talk about democracy, because you weren't born at Ottoman
> Empire nor Nazi occupation, and many of us actually were born and lived
> under military dictatorship.

I am perplexed from your reply. First your logic makes zero sense for me. I
am deeply touched by the pain embedded in the stories I read in books and
personal witness accounts of several relatives that were present during
Great Fire of Smyrna and the Nazi Occupation. My grandparents were "lucky"
enough to suffer both and spared no details of the atrocities they
witnessed. These stories have shaped my entire personal identity and guides
me in life to respect and tolerate others. If i really needed to live in a
non democratic regime to understand this then I would feel that I let these
people down (which I  so dearly love) and I could never imagine myself
doing that.

If you want to know I am hardcore supporter of democracy , especially
direct technocratic (technology and science based) democracy. So your reply
makes me smile more than frustrate me because of how far from the truth you
really are.

I was referring to Pharo and was definitely did not suggest to take arms
and kill anyone who disagrees with us. As I already explained even in a
democracy there is a chain of command and frankly a forum is a lousy way to
exercise democratic leadership.  Not all participate here and messages are
about complains and questions not praise. So its a bad representation of
the community feelings though a great way to exchange knowledge an help
each other. Its much easier and efficient to have a central committee as
Pharo has that makes these decisions obviously by taking into account the
community and what the users really want.

Also as I stated form the start I do not have a problem with making or not
making the dark theme the default theme. What I do like however is that we
have a leadership that take decisions without having to apologise for them.
They try to do their best to make the community happy and I think they do a
pretty good job at it. Taking into account how extremely popular dark
themes really are.

Do not worry you wont be hearing or reading about my political beliefs,
here or anywhere, I rarely mention them. People find them hard to digest
and I am not very diplomatic at presenting them, but I am working on it :)

In any case I am not offended by your remarks, I know you mean well and you
just used my message as a way to express your anger for things unrelated to
me. I respect your anger and your pain and I hope you find the healing you
deserve and a happy life.