Hi Stef,

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 07:29:02PM +0200, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi Alistair
>
>     I'm going over the green build first.
>
>     - Can you tell me what you think about the PR 92 05723 Default Working
>     Directory
>         https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/5723/
>

> This cannot be integrated yet. We have to review dependencies in the
> bootstrap,
> because it introduces a (correct) definition of a working directory but using
> FFI. And FFI is not in the kernel.

I'm looking forward to this PR, as with most people, I think this will
make scripting with Pharo much easier (I've also used the workaround of
forking a shell to get the output of pwd :-().

Rajula went out of his way to discuss the implications of this on the
mailing list, see:
http://forum.world.st/The-new-implementation-of-current-working-directory-tt4952918.html

For full transparency, I haven't tested the code, but might try and load
it over the next week or so.

Obviously the issue Guillermo raises needs to be addressed before it can be
integrated.

Cheers,
Alistair