Hi Stef,

On 2 February 2018 at 20:58, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then I do not get why / is expecting a string and cannot accept a path.
>
> Then I do not get why we have paths.
> Stef

Paths are intended to be internal, and not something you ever deal
with directly.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do, but maybe try replacing
#/ with #resolve:, e.g.:

'/home' asFileReference resolve: 'user' asFileReference
" File @ /home/user"

or:

'/home' asFileReference resolve: 'user' asFileReference path
" File @ /home/user"

Cheers,
Alistair