On 17 March 2018 at 19:57, kmo <vox...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the default download of Pharo Launcher on my Windows 7 (32 bit) PC
> at
> work. It installs. Runs fine - creates images and vms  but when you try to
> run them nothing happens. It fails to start the selected image. It just
> fails to run the vm at all as far as I can see.
>
> I tried it on my Windows 10 (32 bit) laptop and got exactly the same
> result.
>
> This is not important for me as I use pharo on Linux - but I thought I'd
> point it out. If having the launcher as the default download causes more
> problems than the traditional vm and image download then perhaps it should
> be reconsidered. A pity since I love the launcher.

We've seen before when features are promoted in visibility (e.g. each GT
tool)
they come under more scrutiny and bump a wider set of environments
that cause hiccups.  Ultimately this feedback is beneficial to the tool.
So I don't think there is any need to panic into a reversal.
Lets give a chance to work through the issues.

(but it might be good for the older links to be also available further down
the page
while Launcher issues are sorted out)

cheers -ben