On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13 April 2018 at 17:07, Cyril Ferlicot <cyril.ferli...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On ven. 13 avr. 2018 at 17:03, Guillermo Polito <
> guillermopol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> The thing is that the best way to do it is to clone your own fork...
> And each one has her/his one.
> >>

> > What your can do is display the list of forks and ask to select the
> right one. Then it will create the Pharo repo with the two remotes.

This would be strange. Pharo has 75 forks...

> I was going to suggest prompting for the git username.  You can
> substitute it in to:
>
> g...@github.com:{username}/pharo.git
>
> and add upstream (pharo-project).

Yes, and if it does not exist we have to use github's API to create the
fork...

It's doable... But doing it well will take time:
 - I would like a UI where I explain users what I will do with their git
credentials
 - I would like to prevent them that I'm doing a fork before doing it
 - I want to show a good progress bar
 - I want to wait until github's finished with the fork (it's an async
operation) before continuing with the process
 - And then, I want that if possible iceberg is well (automatically) tested
because there are so many corner cases that it starts to be really
complicated to do it manually.

But also our plate is full with other things, and we have to prioritize...

If someone wants to give it a try, I can give a hand, review, test,
advice...

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer