Hi

Pay attention the following email is not nice and politically correct
but it is important for the speed of improvements in Pharo.

I think that we are doing our best when dealing with subproject code.
Now if we are forced to publish each little changes
on each subproject and wait that something gets integrated into each
subproject, then I would prefer to stop Pharo and do something else.
We cannot ask someone to stop in the middle of a massive super boring
and feel like shit cleaning in addition to stop and
please publish a PR and wait that it gets integrated and wait that
Pharo integrates the new version.
Let us be a bit serious and pro here.

Or we should drop subprojects. Because changing Pharo is getting a
painful. Imagine just a change cross cutting several subprojects.
For example, I did not fix the use of deprecated classes in Iceberg
because I got distracted by the where is the project hosted and I was
not connected on a good web connection. I changed calypso and
published to calypso but if the feedback loop is too long it means
that
we will prefer to work on our own projects (because we have also our
own projects and there velocity is high and attractive).

I think that with github support this is simple to get the changes.
Finally I heard that large companies developing large projects using
github are managing one single repo: no subprojects, with their own PR
and sync. And us little guys with our super clever brains we will
succeed adding more constraints on the table.
How bold are we. I'm impressed by such level of arrogance. This is why
I do not like that Pharo gets managed in various repo
because it kills us.

Stef