> On Jan 10, 2019, at 11:24 PM, ducasse <steph...@netcourrier.com> wrote:
>
> Ben
>
> Since you asked I reply.
> For calypso we try and sometimes fail and retry. But we do not rant.
>
> Now the solution is also to have tests and this is what we are doing.
> We want more tests and we are working on having more tests.
>
> The solution is also to have ***********positive********* communication.

What do we understand by positive communication?  Is it IS-style patting on the
back for average performance some we don’t hurt people’s feelings or is it
communication that advances a community’s work product?  For me it is the
latter.

I would never dream of responding to technical criticism of the CM with a
response that says “please refrain from criticizing us”.  I try and respond
honestly with an objective assessment of the technical, logistical and human
issues.  In fact I welcome criticism; how on earth will the VM improve in
directions other than the narrow ones those working on it set without criticism
from other stake holders?