On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 11:38:47PM +0200, Alain Rastoul wrote:
> but for now, I prefer simpler  and cleaner way - like smalltalk - to
> do just what I want - it's more a matter of taste).

Whether using Zinc's websockets or some C library wrapper, you are still
slinging serialized Smalltalk objects ie plain old bytes over the wire, no?

I am guessing that RST provides synchronous remote method invocation. I recall
there was a remote messaging prototype/concept based on promises developed in
Squeak... ah, Squeak-Elib, here: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6011.

Is your current use case mostly synchronous or asynchronous?

Pierce