Le 13/10/16 à 19:12, Andreas Sunardi a écrit :
Hi Stef,

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you.

You are not disppointing me.
I made exactly 1 tool with Pharo in my previous work place and currently trying to get ready to use Pharo when opportunity comes in my current work place.

That tool I made was a small tool, a custom controller for ASIC testing. It's a GUI to control ASIC, representing register values as what they mean, organizing them in UI layout in a logical manner. A logical abstraction of a hardware implementation, if you will. It saves my test engineer from having to do what he wants to do in hex numbers, from counting bits and from making error. It's a custom tool for each ASIC. Restoring ASIC state by syncing with Pharo image is really pleasant :)

This is cool

I learnt a lot form Pharo. Morph concept where every GUI element is presentable is very helpful. Wondering what the actual value of a register is? Just ask the register instance to display itself and I can monitor it. Many more of course, but I don't want to bore you to death.

My previous company has a long history with Smalltalk. I was fortunate to learn about Smalltalk there. They have ASIC design tool written in Smalltalk, still used today. They don't use Smalltalk anymore. After some years, I missed it, found Pharo, and when an opportunity came to solve a problem, I did it with Pharo. My engineer loved it :)
Super cool :)
Keep pushing and having fun.

Stef