Hi Stef - I think your’s is a fair requirement (in fact I hit something similar
when doing a static website using a JS markdown framework - and this is why I
mentioned Kramdown which adds a few extras to regular markdown - but it feels
like it goes a bit too far).

My next item on my learning todo list was to try and replace that JS generator
with something from Smalltalk - so I think we can possibly come up with
something that ticks all the right boxes (I’d like to try anyway).

I’ll keep working away on it and compare notes with you. I think with Pillar,
it was more that things like headers, bold and italics are similar concepts but
just use different characters - so I keep typing the wrong thing and getting
frustrated particularly when we embrace Git and readme.md is in markdown.

Tim