Nice article. I like the way you've structured it and pushed the "updated"
angle.

I feel a bit too strong a claim is laid on Pharo producing the CogVM.  Much
of the Cog + Spur + 64bit VM work was originally done for Squeak with Pharo
riding the coat-tails of that work.  Lately Pharo community has been
involved in improving VM with hotspot optimisation with Sista and moving
towards making Pharo embeddable.. (@Clement, is "hotspot optimsation" fair
as a short tagline for inter-language comparison?)

So maybe say "the Pharo project has been involved in producing: ...
    * the 64-bit Spur/Cog VM (used also by Squeak, Cuis and Newspeak)
    * hotspot optimisation with Sista
    * working towards embedding Pharo as a game scripting language"  (not
sure on that last one)

cheers -ben