I received this comment from someone who complained:

*What about the lack of documentation? From time to time I’ve checked some
SmallTalk implementations like Squeak, GNU-Smalltalk and now Pharo. Of
these, only GNU-SmallTalk appears to have a free, official programming guide
and core library reference that any serious programmer expects from a
language.

https://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/manual-base/html_node/*

I pointed to Pharo's documentation but then he came back with:

*Then show me a link of the free, maintained reference documentation for the
classes that form “the core library”, like this one for Python
(https://docs.python.org/3/library/index.html)*

It's true, most Smalltalks do not have a core library reference, not even
VisualWorks! So what is the proper response to this complaint?

Thanks.