> Downloaded it.  Installed it.  Started it.  Selected an image.  Bam.  The
app vanished.

As I've mentioned in several other threads, the way new images are opened
(the lib that executes the command) seems to be very unreliable and
sometimes opening image just doesn't work, and I have to open PL again and
try again.

My guess is that there's a race condition and PL closes faster, and before
the subprocess manages to be disowned.

Peter