so 8. 2. 2020 v 23:33 odesílatel horrido <horrido.hobb...@gmail.com> napsal:

> So this forum is only for Pharo newcomers who have questions? Seems rather
> limiting.
>
> When I join other language forums, I look for information about the
> language
> I'm investigating as a newcomer. This can include the language's
> capabilities, limitations, real-world usage, new tools, philosophical
> basis,
> and so on. General information across a broad spectrum of topics.
>
> And, yes, even trivia and factoids that I might find interesting. I
> appreciate that you don't find this interesting, but other forum visitors
> may.
>
> If the Pharo users forum wants to, it could do something as draconian as
> StackOverflow does: put a tight leash on submitted questions and boot out
> everybody who doesn't comply. This is one reason I don't go to
> StackOverflow
> very often — they aren't welcoming to people who just want to learn general
> things.
>
> I've told my readers that the Pharo users forum is welcoming. Please don't
> make a liar out of me.

We do not need to make a liar out of you. See your old e-mails:

*So, is Pharo being used to fight Ebola? Not exactly, but who cares?
I'mtrying to change people's perception. I'm trying to *move* them. If I
haveto exaggerate, I will do so.Has everybody heard of Smalltalk? Of course
not. And it doesn't matter. I'mtaking /literary licence/. As a writer and a
marketer, I am allowed to dothis.*

-- Pavel

Guillermo Polito wrote