From: bob
To: Antique Phonograph List
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Credenza help

Hi John,
Credenzas came with 4 spring motors and electric motors. Finding a
motor should not be to difficult. The horn is another matter. I don't
think the size found in a Credenza was used in any other models, so your
only way to get one is out of a junker Credenza. Two different tone arm
styles were used, one with a back mount and one without. Both were used in
other orthophonic machines but must be gold plated models so most that will
work are in high end models. Unless the cabinet on your friends machine is
really good and has a good grill and grill cloth I would think twice about
taking it.
RMV