Thanks for all the info, everyone.  I've wanted to see one of those machines
since my first visit to Nauck's home about 10 years ago when I saw a 20"
hanging on his wall!  I could still use the info, if anyone would be willing
to measure, of what other more common machines might be able to accommodate
the 20" discs.  Thanks to Ron for checking out the Victor VI, answering one
of my other questions about brake barrel clearance once and for all!

Meanwhile, in the quoted post below, Ron brings up a question we may not
know we're already tossing around:  I'd love to hear from each of you what
one or two phonographs you wish you had, but don't, and the specific appeal
of those one or two machines that qualifies them for your shortest short
list.

Mine would be any phono, preferably a Path?, that could play all Path? discs
of all sizes, from the 8" inside-start etched-labels to the 20", including
both speeds of 20", if such a thing has ever existed, and I'd also love to
have a Path? (forgive my spelling) Lumi?re, I think that's what it's called,
the table model that has a large, fanned diaphragm (looks to be as large as
a 12" 78) with the needle point at the center, giving what I can only
imagine must be stunning clarity and volume, being the most direct
mechanical translation of groove shape to acoustic energy of all the various
designs I can think of (no tubes, no exaggerated midrange from the horn,
etc.).

Sounds like Ron longs for one of "the bigger Amberola machines, a coin op or
a trademark Berliner," as he said.  Ron, would you be so kind as to share
with us why those machines appeal to you personally?

Can't wait to check my email tomorrow.

Best to all,
Robert