See, Steve, that's where you guys come in!  I bet I could describe a certain
type of sound and you folks could tell me what phonograph I should start
looking for based on that description.

Which reminds me to ask a question about the playback of those 20" Path?
theater records.  Kurt Nauck told me a Victor VI could play them with some
tonearm/soundbox modifications...  That got me to wondering just how many
makes and models have ever been produced that had at least 10 1/2" of space
between the spindle and the 90(ish) degree turn of the tonearm joint that
could do the job.  Has anyone ever compiled a list of phono specs that
included that information?  If I could find one that it didn't seem criminal
to modify, I'd have a lot more than only 2 - 20" Path?s, but I hate having
records I can't play!  I'm thinking I'd turn the phono into a dedicated
Path? player if an eligible model turned up.  Any thoughts?

Then I got to thinking...  has anyone ever actually seen one of the Path?
theater phonographs designed specifically to play these behemoth discs, even
in pictures?

Thanks for any and all info in advance!

Best to all,
Robert