Ya know, some people would call an annual ritual like that goofy, but we phono
collectors are a different bunch, and proud of it. I think your ritual sounds
great. I will have to decide what to do myself...Maybe make his favorite
dessert, apple pie. Good for you for honoring Edison!!
  John Robles

Bruce Mercer <maxbu...@sigecom.net> wrote:
  Well friends, as I'm sure most of us know Feb. 11 is Edison's birthday. It
has become my annual ritual on that day to clean and lubricate all of my
machines and to enjoy listening to "Lest We Forget" and "Greetings From The
Bunch At Orange". I usually spend the rest of the time set aside to listen
to my other favorite recordings and be thankful to have these wonderful
aural snapshots into time and the phonographs to play them on.
I'm having trouble receiving the postings from the group and have been
trying to resolve the issue with my ISP. In the meantime I'm trying to keep
somewhat current through the Archives. (thanks Loran for that) In any event,
happy listening friends and remember that special day.
Best,
Bruce