ps - "all clean" meant  "scraped right down to the bare steel" in this case.

----- Original Message -----

From phonofo...@aol.com  Thu Jun 21 14:13:43 2007
From: phonofo...@aol.com (phonofo...@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 14:14:53 2007
Subject: [Phono-L] Unusual Edison Horn

This is quite an interesting horn and it sold for quite a bit of money. Does
anyone know about these horns and how long Edison produced them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edison-Unusual-Big-Curved-Neck-Black-Phonograph-Horn-NR_W0QQitemZ130122388045QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38029QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AOL at AOL.com.
From phonol...@mac.com  Thu Jun 21 14:48:39 2007
From: phonol...@mac.com (phonol...@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 14:50:17 2007

Isn't that the West Point horn?  These were essentially Amberola 50
horns turned upside down, and made available as replacements for
earlier horns after the latter were discontinued.