In a message dated 3/22/2008 6:44:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ge...@comcast.net writes:

First,  Why is there a patent date of 1902 on ALL of the  records

=============
The July 29, 1902 patent (by Messer) is explained in detail in  PHP. It was
originally used on Lambert celluloid cylinders, and then migrated  over to the
Albany Indestructibles (Oxford too). Those were first placed on  sale in Nov
1907 and lasted until around 1922, when the factory burned  down.

  Do not confuse them with US Everlasting's which had a different  patent
(Varian Harris) and no metal rings inside. Those were sold from 1910  - ca.
1914,
also in both 2 and 4-min types. The Lakeside brand was used by  Montgomery
Ward.

Allen
  _www.phonobooks.com_ (http://www.phonobooks.com)

Home.