I've gotten to the point where I rarely buy anything on ebay if the seller
does not take paypal. The only issues I have had (and there have been very
few) with ebay have not involved paypal. I consider it a safe and secure way
to pay for online merchandise. It keeps my credit card and bank account
information from being exposed and eliminates any potential issue of a
seller saying I did not pay because there is a clear and easy to find trail
for all paypal transactions.