Hi Dave,
I have used PayPal for a number of years now and really have  never had any
problems.  However, I am using it as a buyer.  I  understand that if you are
using it as a seller and are dealing in many low  priced items, the commissions
they charge can be onerous.
I think that sellers have to realize that using PayPal is a  heck of a lot
easier than obtaining a money order or sending a check and  anything that will
make it easier to buy an item can increase sales.  I  used to use money orders
to pay for items and no longer want to waste my time  doing that.  I am much
more likely to bid on an item if payment can be made  with PayPal.
---Art Heller