To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Cleaning a phonograph. Wax removing.

Does it have a model number on the tag? I am assuming that this is a cylinder type Edison machine?

From: gabrielma...@telefonica.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:33:29 +0100
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org

My phonograph is a Spring Motor and I think it was bought in 1898 because of the record collection that was with it. Serial Number is 29251. Latches are not like the ones in the photo nor like the standard. In this spring motor, latches are automatic with (I suppouse) springs or something like springs that makes a click when you fit the lid. And a knob outside the lid, at both sides, to press for releasing. Well, that is what I think is has to be, because it lacks the latches mechanism in the lid sides.

Gabriel.