From: Dennis Back <back...@yahoo.com>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sun, Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Which would you choose - Opera or Fireside?

Opera or Fireside?   Let me think about it.  ;-)

But seriously, yes.....for my first cylinder machine, 28 years ago, I picked an
Edison Standard A over a 4 clip Standard.  It was pointed out to me that the
particular 4 clip was a much quieter machine, not to mention probably more
valuable as it was older than the Standard A.  They were both the same price.

As I said, I picked the Standard A because it had the nice, large Edison banner.

BTW....my wife bought this for me as a wedding present 28 years ago.

:-)

Dennis