He was ultimately a very old and successful man who left a legacy of great comfort and happiness to millions of people. Nothing came from imaginary gods, witches, ghosts, angels, or any other stupidity thought up by people who want to control the thoughts of others. What you DO in life is all that counts - preaching is just self-serving nonsense. There are no gods. None. Or do you "Praise God!" for giving you cancer? That's some kinda evil "god", if so. I'd rather understand the truth. Being too simple to understand how Life was C-R-E-A-T-E-D is just sad, sorry to say.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vinyl Visions" <vinyl.visi...@live.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Todd Augsburger

Apparently, Thomas Edison was a genius, but ultimately a fool:
Psalm 14:1 a “The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” (NIV)

He was too "smart" to realize that everything on this earth has been created by a loving and wonderful God. This didn't just happen in some cosmic explosion of swamp gas or whatever (and for anyone who believes that - where did the swamp gas come from or where did the stuff that exploded originate - how about it was C-R-E-A-T-E-D?).

I have been blessed as a cancer survivor and give thanks to God for my recovery, so I definitely relate to Todd Augsberger, who has gone on to a better place. I feel sorry for anyone who believes that we are only - "Dust In The Wind" or finds some kind of comfort in the Peggy Lee song - "Is That All There Is?"

Without God, it isn't possible for us to leave the world even a tiny bit better than when we entered, as we have nothing to offer without HIM.