Hi John I looked up the # and got nothing is the # correct ?

From: john robles <john9...@pacbell.net>
Sender: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:54:07
To: Antique Phonograph List<phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Subject: [Phono-L] Stuck with a Crapophone

Looks like someone got stuck with a crapophone on ebay for $910!!! The item
number is 260977570310. The auction description says that the seller bought it
at an auction to use on a built in bookcase, but it didn't fit so now they're
selling it at a fraction of what they paid...Nowhere does it say that it is a
repro, but the standard "I don't know anything about these machines" disclaimer
appears. I find it doubtful because they call the machine a Victor Gramphone,
not a phonograph or Victrola asothers so commonly do. Of corse the decal says
"The Gramophone Company, so that's a good possibility...Someone asked a
question about the date of the machin, and the seller says that someone "full
of knowledge" said that these machines had been made for at least 30 years, so
maybe that's the disclaimer that it is not a real antique, but if so it is a
shady one. And of course they may not know what it is like they claim, but who
buys something to put in a certain
 place in their home without measuring first? Plus the description is typical
of other items I have seen on ebay that are of questionable origin. Or the
seller could be totally innocent!
John Robles